Choose 5 common exception words that you don't know how to spell from the picture below.
- write them in bubble writing
- use a different colour for each letter
- if it's a nice day write them in water outside with a paint brush
Look at the food labels of items in your kitchen.
Can you identify where the foods come from?
Which ones come from the rainforest?
Do any have the label below on?
Non-Fiction Writing Ideas - based on The Alchemist's Letter
Choose one (or more) from the following:
- Explain or write instructions to describe how the machine works.
- Write a letter from Nicholas to his son or his wife, explaining what he has done and why. It may start with justification as to why he has done it but finish with his regret.
- Write a persuasive letter to Nicholas detailing why family is more important than money.
Rainforests are in trouble!
It is estimated that within 100 years there will be no rainforests.
One and a half acres of rainforest is cut down every second - that's approximately the size of a football field!
So . . . what can we do?
Check out the resources below.
Create a poster, advert or short video on how we can play our part in saving the rainforest.